Advice for outdoor Rabbit and Guinea Pig owners
Now that the cold weather has truly arrived it is vital you make sure your pets that live outside are protected from the elements and stay warm and dry during the winter.
1. If you can it is ideal to move hutches to a shed or outbuilding (garages not recommended due to fumes). If that’s not possible take some measures to protect hutches from wind and rain by partially covering them and sheltering them.
2. Elevate hutches off of the ground.
3. Provide extra bedding to allow your pets to keep cosy.
4. Insulate water bottles to prevent them from freezing and cutting off your pets water supply.
5. Regularly clean your animal’s hutch and replace damp hay to ensure that it stays dry.
Defra have announced that they plan to lift the Prevention Zone in England on 15 May 2017
Outside of the consulting room, most of the attention and medical care your pet receives is at the hands of one of our veterinary nurses
Has vaccination slipped your mind? Full course for the price of a single booster in May!