Advice for outdoor Rabbit and Guinea Pig owners
Now that the cold weather has truly arrived it is vital you make sure your pets that live outside are protected from the elements and stay warm and dry during the winter.
1. If you can it is ideal to move hutches to a shed or outbuilding (garages not recommended due to fumes). If that’s not possible take some measures to protect hutches from wind and rain by partially covering them and sheltering them.
2. Elevate hutches off of the ground.
3. Provide extra bedding to allow your pets to keep cosy.
4. Insulate water bottles to prevent them from freezing and cutting off your pets water supply.
5. Regularly clean your animal’s hutch and replace damp hay to ensure that it stays dry.
Kennel cough is spread amongst dogs, especially where there are many dogs in one place…….
If you think our practice or someone in the team deserves a thank you, please nominate them today
Here’s some tips so you can get prepared