What is antifreeze?

Ethylene glycol, otherwise known as antifreeze, is a chemical used to prevent freezing.

It is used in car radiators, screen washes and de-icers, and in water features to prevent them freezing up.

Why is it so harmful to pets?

Unlike most chemicals, cats and dogs seem to be attracted to the sweet taste of antifreeze. However drinking just a tiny amount will cause serious kidney damage, often so severe that the pet may die.

How can I protect my pet?

‣Avoid using antifreeze-containing products
‣NEVER use in outdoor water features
‣If you do have antifreeze products, store safely away from animals (and children) – a single lick from a bottle can be fatal for a cat
‣Clean up any spillages immediately and keep pets away from affected areas until dry
‣IF YOU SUSPECT YOUR PET HAS INGESTED ANTIFREEZE, PLEASE VISIT US IMMEDIATELY

dog warning drinking antifreeze

And please always remember to wash your dogs paws after walking as antifreeze could be lying in puddles, also rock salt on roads and pavements dangerous to our furbabies

Liz

Gorgeous Dizzy models for us

The Petface Christmas range is now in store! Here is the beautiful Dizzy modelling just some of the fab items we have in stock!