Veterinary Surgeon Vacancy
Experienced Small Animal Vet – No OOH – Bedfordshire
Exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly, caring and supportive team in an independent well established and purpose built, tier 2 accredited small animal and exotic practice.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication and customer service skills, be confident and able to work to a high standard. An interest in orthopaedics is an advantage as this is an area we are keen to develop further.
This is a permanent, full-time, no OOH position, including evenings and weekends.
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and generous CPD allowance.
Please send your CV, covering letter and 2 references, for the attention of Maxine Ketley, Business Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon – Off rota
JOB TITLE: Veterinary Surgeon
RESPONSIBLE TO: Directors and Practice Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Vet Students and Nurses in liaison with Head
Nurse and Senior Admin Nurse
To carry out the duties of an assistant Veterinary Surgeon in a caring and diligent manner, ensuring the welfare of animals entrusted to your care. At all times your actions must be professional and must maintain and enhance the public image of this practice and of the Veterinary profession in general. You must maintain excellent customer service skills and communications at all times.
Specific duties to include:
- Carry out Veterinary consultations and surgical procedures in accordance with practice protocols and the veterinary surgeon code of professional conduct
- Remain in communication with the practice by mobile phone for the duration of your shift
- Monitor and medicate in-patients in consultation with the nursing team
- Efficient and accurate hand-over of inpatient care to on-call vet and nurse
- Prescribing and dispensing medicines for clients of the practice in accordance with Practice policy and drug category legislation
- Maintain consulting rooms between clients to a professional standard
- Provide advice and guidance to clients in person and over the phone
- Admit patients for diagnostics, hospitalisation or surgical procedures in accordance with practice policy
- Provide estimates for products/services
- Gain informed written consent for procedures, where applicable
- Lab work in the absence of a competent or available member of staff
- Discharging patients that require specific veterinary advice
- Ensure that all work and goods supplied to clients is charged at the practice’s normal fees
- To provide emergency treatment for sick or injured animals
- Maintaining patient records and keeping clients informed, in liaison with nursing team
- Completion of insurance forms in liaison with in-house insurance advisors
- Maintain excellent client communication and customer service skills at all times
- Manage client expectation
- Check callbacks/internal messages several times daily and replying by return.
- Any reasonable task directed by their superiors
- Observation of all practice rules as defined in practice manual, HSE, COSHH etc., as from time to time updated
- Abiding by the MRCVS code of professional conduct
- Covering sickness of assistants in a fair manner which in exceptional circumstances may mean cancelling time off at short notice
- Keeping Practice vehicles clean and tidy
- Maintaining the mobile stock of drugs and ensuring they are kept in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.