Job Vacancies & Work Experience
Full time veterinary vacancies
First established in 1955, we are a busy, progressive independent small animal and exotics practice, providing our own on-site out of hours service and offering a range of disciplines in a supportive and caring RCVS accredited environment, across 3 sites in Bedfordshire.
We have vacancies for newly graduated vets, and experienced veterinary surgeons with an interest in developing their interests in general practice.
We are looking for permanent recruits for both on and off rota positions (part-time and job share may also be considered).
- On rota – 5wk rotation, including OOH’s
- Off rota – 4wk rotation, with no OOH’s
Salaries starting from £31,000pa, (new grad) and commensurate with experience/additional qualifications.
The successful candidates will receive a comprehensive induction from our experienced senior team members, including support and guidance from our AVP’s and certificate holders. For those with more experience, further certificates are encouraged and supported. We also offer a generous annual CPD allowance.
Our main premises, based in the County town of Bedford which has great road and rail links to London, Cambridge and the North, is well equipped and includes an on-site treadmill hydrotherapy suite, surgical theatre with multiparameter units, diagnostics suite with digital radiography, endoscopy, ultrasound (& echo), dentistry, 4 separate wards for accommodating a wide range of species plus the addition of isolation facilities and an in-house laboratory to name but a few!
Please send your CV, letter of intent and 2 references to Maxine Ketley, Business Development Manager, email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Veterinary Surgeon (on -call)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Directors and Practice Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Vet Students and Nurses in liaison with Head
To carry out the duties of an assistant Veterinary Surgeon in a caring and diligent manner, ensuring the welfare of animals entrusted to your care. At all times your actions must be professional and must maintain and enhance the public image of this practice and of the Veterinary profession in general. You must maintain excellent customer service skills and communications at all times.
Specific duties to include:
Consultations and operations at the main practice and branches, and consultations via a visit to the clients’ animal as directed.
Remaining in communication with the practice by mobile phone whilst visiting.
Monitoring and medicating in-patients in consultation with the inpatient nurse.
Hand-over of inpatients to duty vet.
Prescribing and dispensing drugs for clients of the practice in accordance with Practice policy.
Cleaning and maintaining consult rooms between clients to a professional standard.
Advising clients over the phone.
Admitting patients for operations that require specific veterinary advice.
Lab work in the absence of a competent or available veterinary nurse.
Discharging patients that require specific veterinary advice.
Ensuring that all work and goods supplied to clients is charged at the practice’s normal fees.
Effectively communicating with colleagues and clients, in a timely and professional manner.
Providing estimates to clients.
To provide emergency treatment for patients presented out of hours either from this Practice or from neighbouring practices, (if such practices are un-contactable.)
Taking primary responsibility for the emergency treatment of animals.
Treatment and care of in-patient animals as per the normal working day.
Updating in-patients notes.
To remain on the premises for the duration of the overnight shift (unless required to attend a patient off-site/at home, where necessary back-up/cover can be arranged).
In-patients hand over between 8.00am and 8.30am to kennel nurse AND relevant
Ensuring that the duty mobile phone, or reliable second contact number, is always capable of receiving calls from the duty nurse when away from home.
Completion of insurance forms in liaison with in-house insurance advisors.
Maintaining excellent client communication and customer service skills.
Checking callbacks/internal messages several times daily and replying by return.
Any reasonable task directed by their superiors.
Observation of all practice rules as defined in practice manual, HSE, COSHH etc., as from time to time updated.
Covering sickness of assistants in a fair manner which in exceptional circumstances may mean cancelling time off at short notice.
Keeping Practice vehicles clean and tidy.
Maintaining a stock of drugs and ensuring they are kept in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and practice policy.
Small Animal RVN Hydrotherapist
Exciting and rare opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic and committed RVN to join our team of Hydrotherapy RVN’s.
This is a full time, permanent RVN vacancy with no on-call or out of hours work (job share may be considered), working an average of 40hrs per week over a 4 week rotation. This includes some 7pm finishes Mon-Friday and 1 Saturday in 4 (8am-5pm).
Shifts will be split between hydrotherapy and nursing, to include; patient care, consulting and theatre work.
A level 3 Certificate in Canine Hydrotherapy (including water management) would be an advantage but is not essential. The successful candidate will receive a comprehensive induction and training programme.
You will be expected to maintain the high standards expected by Scott Veterinary Clinic and The Canine Hydrotherapy Association and consider ways in which the service can be grown to meet the needs of our clients.
The successful applicant must have excellent communication and customer service skills, be proactive in terms of promotion and engagement with both existing and new clients and be able to work independently as well as within the team.
Please email your letter of intent, CV and 2 professional references for the attention of Maxine Ketley, Business Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit this website for details about our Hydrotherapy Service:
6a JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Veterinary Hydrotherapist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Nurse
- Running Hydrotherapy sessions
- To run the hydrotherapy treadmill to the CHA standards
- Test the bromine and pH three times a day and record
- Test the alkaline once a week
- Water temperature to be recorded
- 25hours of hydro related CPD a year
- Dogs must have an in-date vacc, otherwise disclaimer to be signed
- Bacterial test to be arranged with Aquatech water engineer
- Customer service and communication
- Provide a friendly and polite welcome to all clients
- Arrange appointments for internal and referral clients
- Arrange referrals by communicating with the referral practice by letter, email or phoning
- Arrange clinical history/x-rays to be send to the practice
- Book, change and cancel appointments
- Speak to referral veterinary surgeons or physiotherapists about cases
- To read up on or discuss unusual cases (20hrs CPD pa)
- Discuss hydrotherapy treadmill to the clients, benefits etc
- Patient notes to be kept updated
- Aware of patients demeanour and if any changes to be referred to a veterinary surgeon
- Clean the glass after each patient with Mr Muscle
- Sweep the floor in-between clients
- Dry the floor in-between clients
- Take dirty/wet towels to prep
- To empty the filter 2-3times a day
- Empty/backwash the tank twice a week and refill the tank
- Lifting the tank every other week to clean under treadmill
- Deep clean the tank monthly
- Ensure treats stocked up
- Order chemicals and equipment for the hydrotherapy
- Posters of the new dogs are up on the wall
- Ensure all the equipment in hydro is working efficiently
- Ensure the servicing on the equipment is up to date
- To include general patient care, consultations and theatre work
Exciting Opportunity for experienced SVN/RVN
We are a modern and progressive Small Animal & Exotics Independent Veterinary Practice in the county town of Bedford.
We are restructuring our team and looking for an RVN/experienced SVN for;
- 1:6 rota position, including a 4 day weekend off
This is a Full time, permanent position, working a mixture of day shifts, on-call and OOH’s, on a 6 week rotation. This is a great rota, which accounts for all hours worked.
We provide a comprehensive induction programme and have an excellent Clinical Coaching team to provide student support and ongoing support to newly qualified RVN’s. Our caseload is varied, challenging and rewarding. Enthusiasm for progression within your field will be nurtured, with a generous CPD allowance.
Attractive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience/qualification.
Send your CV and cover letter to Maxine Ketley, Business Development Manager.
School and College students
We recognise the importance of providing the opportunity for students to experience a vocational work placement.
Veterinary based work placements are increasingly popular. Demand for placements is always very high.
We require each applicant to complete a Work Experience application form and provide references, one of which must be the applicant’s form teacher who must also confirm expected GCSE/A level results, in the appropriate subjects.
If your application is successful we will contact you to confirm your booking and arrange an informal interview. This will give you an opportunity to ask us any questions you may have and find out more about your placement. Please note –
- All applicants must be at least 16 at the time of the placement
- Applications will take up to 6 weeks to be processed, please allow sufficient time and return forms promptly
- All placements are for one week only (Mon-Fri) and subject to availability
- All placement offers are subject to a satisfactory Health and Safety risk assessment
- All placements (and interviews) are conducted at our main Goldington Road practice in Bedford
You are advised to apply for a placement at least 12 months in advance
Please e-mail your application for the attention of Mrs Hannah Colborne, Senior Admin Nurse email@example.com
Veterinary Degree students
Please e-mail Hannah Colborne: firstname.lastname@example.org for all EMS placement enquiries. Please note –
- Since May 2014 we no longer provide a large animal or equine service.
- All EMS placements are subject to availability.
You are advised to book with as much notice as possible.
Voluntary requests – When available we do offer voluntary placements. These will usually involve helping out on regular weekends at our Bedford branch. For more information and to register your interest please e-mail Hannah Colborne: email@example.com