Job Vacancies & Work Experience
School and College students
We recognise the importance of providing the opportunity for students to experience a vocational work placement.
Veterinary based work placements are increasingly popular. Demand for placements is always very high.
We require each applicant to complete a Work Experience application form and provide references, one of which must be the applicant’s form teacher who must also confirm expected GCSE/A level results, in the appropriate subjects.
If your application is successful we will contact you to confirm your booking and arrange an informal interview. This will give you an opportunity to ask us any questions you may have and find out more about your placement. Please note –
- All applicants must be at least 16 at the time of the placement
- Applications will take up to 6 weeks to be processed, please allow sufficient time and return forms promptly
- All placements are for one week only (Mon-Fri) and subject to availability
- All placement offers are subject to a satisfactory Health and Safety risk assessment
- All placements (and interviews) are conducted at our main Goldington Road practice in Bedford
You are advised to apply for a placement at least 12 months in advance
Please e-mail your application for the attention of Mrs Hannah Colborne, Senior Admin Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterinary Degree students
Please e-mail Hannah Colborne: email@example.com for all EMS placement enquiries. Please note –
- Since May 2014 we no longer provide a large animal or equine service.
- All EMS placements are subject to availability.
You are advised to book with as much notice as possible.
Voluntary requests – When available we do offer voluntary placements. These will usually involve helping out on regular weekends at our Bedford branch. For more information and to register your interest please e-mail Hannah Colborne: firstname.lastname@example.org