Xylitol is a sweetener or substitute for sugar that is extremely toxic to dogs. Just a small amount can be enough to kill a dog. Xylitol can be found in chewing gum, toothpaste, mouthwash, sugar-free foods and even peanut butter.
Check your cupboards and keep products containing Xylitol well out of reach of pets.
Pay particular attention to any products that say “sugar free” or “no added sugar” as these often contain Xylitol. More and more products (especially foods) are using Xylitol instead of sugar.
If you suspect your pet has eaten something toxic you should call us immediately on 01234 261622.
Please try to have the products packaging to hand when you come in to us.
Over the years, much research has gone into the best way to help your pet overcome their fear of fireworks
Download our latest Scott Vets Autumn Newsletter
Massive congratulations to Pas for becoming an advanced practitioner in zoological medicine