Based at our Sharnbrook High Street Branch
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our Sharnbrook family.
The successful candidate must be caring, self-motivated and proactive, able to work independently and also occasionally as part of a team. Knowledge of Word, Excel and general computing is essential. Previous experience in a customer service role will be an advantage.
This is a full time/job share position.
The initial induction phase will be conducted at our Bedford premises on Goldington Road. This will include comprehensive reception training and animal handling training, to assist the vet in consultations and with the occasional home visit.
Please apply in writing and include your CV.
For the attention of: Lesley Curtis, Veterinary Reception Manager, Scott Veterinary Clinic or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Sharnbrook Branch Receptionist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Veterinary Reception Manager
1. Booking appointments/operations.
2. Receiving and making telephone calls.
3. Organising repeat prescriptions for small animals.
4. Receiving and sending faxes.
5. Booking lab result fees.
6. Dealing with client grievances.
7. Processing payments.
8. Organisation and maintenance of the library
9. Preparing operation consent forms.
10. Advice and selling of general flea and worming products.
11. Advice on basic animal care requirements.
12. Typing letters, certificates and reports.
13. Posting of account statements.
14. Posting of vaccination reminders.
15. Filing all practice correspondence, insurance forms and lab reports.
16. Contacting other veterinary practices for client histories.
17. Checking rotas and ensuring they are correct.
18. Any task as requested by supervisors.
19. Cleaning (including external frontage)
20. Stock control; rotation, replenishment and checking of Drugs, Food, Consumables, and retail items. This will include annual stock check the results of which to be reported.
21. Animal handling & attending house visits when required.
22. Cash handling & till reconciliation
23. Monitoring Fridge temperature
24. ID chip registration & storing of chip records
25. Monthly reminders order
26. Facebook monitoring and content creation
27. Sharnbrook emails
28. Monitor/replenishment of First Aid cupboard
29. Change window display, notice boards and leaflets.
30. Putting black bin out (and ensuring clinical waste goes back to Bedford when full)
31. Closure Signs (practice meeting day/bank hols)
32. Admin (requesting/storing clinical history, keeping fire inspection and alarm servicing records, storing cash takings sheets)
33. Distributing/storing orange recycling bags on behalf of Parish Council.
34. General running of reception.
Join us for a fun and informative evening on Tuesday 26th June 7.30pm
Watch out for our FB posts in the month of May if you want to know more about Veterinary Nursing and what we all get up to
Read all our latest Spring News