With the very cold and snowy recent weather, it’s essential that you make sure your pets that live outside are well protected. Here’s some tips so that you can get prepared.
1. If you can it is ideal to move hutches indoors or to a shed or outbuilding (garages not recommended due to fumes). If that’s not possible take some measures to protect hutches from wind, rain and frost by partially covering them and thoroughly sheltering them.
2. Elevate hutches off of the ground.
3. Provide extra bedding to allow your pets to keep cosy.
4. Insulate water bottles to prevent them from freezing and cutting off your pets water supply. Regularly check water.
5. Regularly clean your animal’s hutch and replace damp hay to ensure that it stays dry and warm.
Join us for a fun and informative evening on Tuesday 26th June 7.30pm
Watch out for our FB posts in the month of May if you want to know more about Veterinary Nursing and what we all get up to
Read all our latest Spring News