With the very cold and snowy recent weather, it’s essential that you make sure your pets that live outside are well protected. Here’s some tips so that you can get prepared.
1. If you can it is ideal to move hutches indoors or to a shed or outbuilding (garages not recommended due to fumes). If that’s not possible take some measures to protect hutches from wind, rain and frost by partially covering them and thoroughly sheltering them.
2. Elevate hutches off of the ground.
3. Provide extra bedding to allow your pets to keep cosy.
4. Insulate water bottles to prevent them from freezing and cutting off your pets water supply. Regularly check water.
5. Regularly clean your animal’s hutch and replace damp hay to ensure that it stays dry and warm.
Over the years, much research has gone into the best way to help your pet overcome their fear of fireworks
Download our latest Scott Vets Autumn Newsletter
Massive congratulations to Pas for becoming an advanced practitioner in zoological medicine