With the cold and very wet weather it’s essential thatcyou make sure your pets that live outside are well protected. Here’s some tips so you can get prepared.
1. If you can it is ideal to move hutches indoors or to a shed or outbuilding (garages not recommended due to fumes). If that’s not possible take some measures to protect hutches from wind, rain and frost by partially covering them and thoroughly sheltering them.
2. Elevate hutches off of the ground.
3. Provide extra bedding to allow your pets to keep cosy.
4. Insulate water bottles to prevent them from freezing and cutting off your pets water supply. Regularly check water.
5. Regularly clean your animal’s hutch and replace damp hay to ensure that it stays dry and warm.
Did you know regular brushing will help to prevent the need for dental treatment
Xylitol is a sweetener or substitute for sugar that is extremely toxic to dogs
Highly pathogenic bird flu has been detected in wild birds in Warwickshire